PLEASE NOTE: Regardless of new payment options/systems, your account number has not changed.
Kuester offers the following payment options for your convenience:
- One-time Online Payments:Once you have registered an account on our website, kuester.com, you will be able to make payments via e-check or credit card.
- Recurring Online Payments: Once you have registered an account on our website, kuester.com, you will be able to schedule recurring payments via e-check or credit card. Recurring online payments function similarly to one-time online payments, except you can schedule when payments are made to your account. However, be sure to stay current with your community’s assessment amounts and billing frequency. If assessments are increased, your existing recurring payments will not automatically compensate for the increase, and if your community changes its billing schedule (e.g., you begin to be billed monthly as opposed to quarterly) your recurring payments will not automatically be rescheduled. You will need to edit an existing recurring payment, or create a new recurring payment to account for any given increase in assessments or changes in billing frequency. Also, be sure to schedule your recurring payments to process payment on the first day of each month. Assessments are due on the first day of the month in which they are charged, and if you choose a processing date after the first of the month, there is a possibility that you will incur a late fee per your association's legal documents.
- Direct Draft/Automated Clearing House (ACH) Payments: To setup a payment to automatically draft from your checking or savings account, you will need to fill out a Direct Payment Form. Once you have completed and submitted this form with accurate banking information, your bank account will automatically be drafted for the entire balance of your homeowners’ association account each billing cycle. Your homeowners’ association balance may include, but is not limited to, regular assessment fees, special assessment fees, late fees, and fines for violations. Unlike recurring online payments, this payment option will automatically adjust for an increase in dues or changes in billing frequency. However, the payment system will not provide notification of increases in dues or changes in billing frequency. Be sure to stay current with your community’s assessment amounts and billing frequency to avoid unexpected charges. If you have an existing ACH/Direct Draft payment in place with Kuester, your payments will continue to be drafted as they normally would.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are setting up an ACH/Direct Draft for the first time, it is important that you verify that all banking information entered is correct. If the entered information is incorrect and fails to process, your account may be assessed a $20.00 return fee for failure to process.
- Online Bill Pay through your Personal Banking Website: If you schedule association payments through your personal banking website, you will need to verify that your payments are being sent to our new payment address. If your existing payments are not being sent to this address, you will need to edit the existing payment, or create a new payment to ensure that checks are being sent to the correct address. Your bank will be printing and mailing a check to our new lockbox address. Please allow time for processing when scheduling payments of this type to avoid having late fees or interest assessed to your account.
- Mailing Payments to our Lockbox Service: Please click HERE for instructions and address information regarding mailing payments.
Please contact us if you require any additional information or assistance regarding making payments.